Provisional liquidator appointed to Macro Group companies
- Macro Realty Developments Pty Ltd;
- Macro Realty Developments AFSL Pty Ltd;
- Macro All State Investments and Securities Ltd;
- Pilbara Property Developments Pty Ltd;
- Macro Realty Pty Ltd, and
- 511 GTN Pty Ltd (under external administration since 14 April 2016).
- alleges that the companies have been involved in multiple contraventions of corporations legislation and are not complying with their obligations under that legislation; and
- is concerned that the companies are not being properly managed and are suspected to be insolvent.
- the appointment of Hayden White and Matthew Woods of KPMG as provisional liquidators of the companies; and
- orders requiring the provisional liquidator to provide a detailed report to the Court that sets out, among other things, the financial position of each of the companies so the Court can consider at a later date whether it ought to make orders to wind up the companies.
ASIC had previously obtained a range of interim orders in the Perth Federal Court on 21 July 2016 restraining Ms Macpherson and the Macro Group companies (except 511 GTN Pty Ltd) from providing financial services advice, dealing in financial products, promoting financial products and otherwise carrying on a financial services business. ASIC also obtained various travel restraint and asset preservation orders at this time.
ASIC’s investigation is ongoing.
Amazon Prime Now delivery down for second day after launch
After its highly anticipated launch in Singapore on Thursday, Amazon Prime Now’s delivery service continuesRead More
Full steam ahead for new Tuas mega port
Works are in full swing at the future Tuas port, with reclamation ongoing for twoRead More